Sunday, December 5, 2010

Chinese Crab and Corn Soup

My first Chinese Corn soup.  It is one of my favorites but I have never attempted it.  It turned out wonderful. 

Chinese Crab and Corn Soup:

6 C Corn Kernels, fresh or frozen
12 C Chicken Stock
2 t Ginger, peeled and grated
1/4 C Rice Wine
1/4 C Soy Sauce
1/2 Pound Crab Meat
3 Whole eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 C Scallions, sliced
Salt

Directions:
1.  Puree 1 C corn and 1 C chicken stock, coarsely.

2.  In soup pot, bring the remaining 11 Cups of chicken stock, rice wine and soy sauce to a boil.  Add grated ginger and salt.

3.  Add the whole corn kernels and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.

4.  Increase the heat and add the pureed corn.   Bring to a boil and cook for about 3 minutes, constantly stirring.

5.  Add the crab meat and return to a boil.

6.  Pour a thin stream of egg into the soup in a ribbon, stirring well.   Turn heat off. 

7.  Sprinkle with scallions.  Salt to taste.

Serves 8-10

Tip:  Buy live crabs and cook them yourself.  You can usually find them at the Asian markets.  They should be put in salt water with a bay leaf and brought to a boil for 7 minutes.

Crab & Corn Bisque on Foodista

5 comments:

  1. I love crab meat. This soup is definitely added to my list of recipes to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your yummy blog! Happy Holidays! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a wonderful soup. Awesome. I really enjoy preparing and eating soup too.

    I just came across your blog. I like it. Thanks for sharing.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this soup.I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this crab&corn soup widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about crab and corn soup,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all! Doing this blog has been fun and I LOVE CRAB!!!

    ReplyDelete