Sunday, October 23, 2011

Udon Noodle Soup

Sorry I missed last week.  I went wedding dress shopping with my mom, my soon to be mom and my best friend.  It was a weekend full of running around with the ladies I love.   We went to a few shops and I feel in love with a dress.....the dress of my dreams!

This weeks soup is a udon noodle soup.  It is a light soup and good as an appetizer.  We enjoyed it before a nice crab meal. 

Udon Noodle Soup:

1 Chicken Breast, skinless, chopped
2 T Gingerroot, minced
2 T Garlic, minced
8 C Chicken Stock
3 T Soy Sauce
6 Ounces Udon Noodles
1/4 C Peas
4 Ounces Shrimp, peeled, chopped
1 C Bean Sprouts
5 Shitake Mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/4 C Corn
3 Green Onions, chopped

Directions:
1.  In wok, cook chicken in vegetable oil for 4 minutes.  Add gingerroot and garlic and cook for 1 additional minute.  Set aside.
2.  Bring stock and soy sauce to a boil.  Add udon noodles and cook for 2 minutes.
3.  Add mushroom, peas, and shrimp.  Cook for 2 additional minutes.
4.  Add cooked chicken, bean sprouts, corn and green onions.  Cook until heated through.

5.  Serve with soy sauce. 

Serves 6-8

Tip:  Bean sprouts last longer when kept in water in the refrigerator.

1 comment:

  1. Damn!!! This one looks really nice and light... Just want to say hello, and I love you

    ReplyDelete